Saturday, January 22, 2011

Baby Cakes Update

I got a BABYCAKE machine for Christmas and if you remember my previous post about this...I was super excited to try it out!!!!


It comes complete with the babycake machine (much like a waffle maker), cutters, frosting bag and tips, plus book with instructions and recipes!
All I had to add was the cake mix! This time I chose a strawberry cake mix with cream cheese frosting!

You mix the cake as directed and pour into the small 8 cups in the babycake machine. Close the lid, and bake til done!

I had fun decorating them and they are super cute and quite tasty! If I was taking them somewhere, I would have done a better job on the frosting.

I am looking forward to trying it out with other cake mixes, muffin mixes, brownies, etc!!

5 comments:

Kalinda said...

Yum!!!! How long do they bake?

Erin said...

It only takes a few minutes...I think it was 3 at the most. Takes a little time cus there are only 8 cups and 1 cake mix made 30ish babycakes. You can use cupcake liners or use the cutters provided for pie crust too.

lisa said...

Cute!!!

Kalinda said...

How long does cake batter last in the fridge? Can you freeze it? It would be nice to only make up 8 at a time to have a go-to dessert but not have 30 staring at you begging you to eat them all within a certain time frame, kwim?

Anonymous said...

I've frozen cake batter before and it turned out fine when I used the frozen batter for cupcakes a month or so later. I believe freezer life is 3 months.