Monday, October 25, 2010

Girls Weekend

I am totally behind on crafty blogs for myself but I thought I would upload pics and blog about our Girls Weekend the 16th/17th!! I know it is not exactly crafty...but we did bring and do crafty things along the way!?!? Feel free to post and upload your pics too!! :)

A much needed, no husband, no kid weekend was planned and finally here!! I know we were all so excited!! Unlike most weekends, where I sleep in and hate getting up early, I bounced out of bed and hit the road early (7:30am) Saturday to meet Natalie at Janel's place. We packed up and hit the road! Woo Hoo! We headed down the highway to pick up Kalinda on our way to KC to meet Lisa at Legends. Once at Legends, we stopped for coffee and plenty of shopping!!



SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



After lunch at a Mexican restaurant "Los Cabos", we headed back out for more shopping! Nat and Lisa were on a hunt for the perfect purse! We checked out every store and even tried on a few things.....

Not the purse she bought, but a very cute one!


Lisa in her "reading hat" and I love this fedora!


Super cute Kalinda in a super cute stocking hat!!! (Yes, we could so make that!)
Side note: I took several pics of cool stuff that I could make...yes, not buy...but make...how old are we!?!

Yes, Nat and Lisa found their perfect bags and we headed out to our next stop...WINERY!!!
Holy Field Winery was on our way back to the B & B where we were meeting up with Tonya!!



GRAPES!!

Taste testing almost all their wines!! Taking a "few" bottles to the B & B with us for later!!

On the road again and we finally arrive at The Barn, our B & B for the weekend!


The Barn and our welcome party...

We settled into our room, changed purses, played outside, explored and got ready for dinner!!


Our 3rd floor attic room #20 and our scary winding stairs to our room!


YES, Lisa had all that stuff in her purse!!! She would be the perfect contestant for Let's Make a Deal!!

View out back....beautiful.

Swinging on the big teeter-totter swings!



The view from my hammock! Hammocks are not the most easy thing to get into or out of...



Tonya and Lisa chillin'


Fish!!!!!!!!!!!



Our fab dinner in our own little sun porch nook! Chicken, potatoes and asparagus, plus rolls and salad! YUM! And yes, we had wine with dinner too! :)

Swimming in the indoor pool and non-jet hot tub! Absolutely the best sign EVER!!!

We retired for the evening for a couple rounds of BS and our own tarot card readings! We woke early with the smell of bacon and breakfast started at 7:30am (what's up with that!) so we couldn't be late!
After breakfast, we got ready, had lots of girly gossip, crafted a little and hit the road for home in all our different directions. Never enough time together, but a much needed and totally fun weekend was had by all!! Can't wait to do it again soon! Love you girls!!!

5 comments:

lisa said...

Great post Erin....and to answer your email....you should so start are own blog.
I had so much fun...and it was a much needed weekend with my girls!!! Love you guys!!!

Kalinda said...

Great pics! ... Except I saw quite a few unflattering pics of me in there :( Why can't I always/ever look like a model??
Had a blast and can't wait to do it again. Hopefully next year, and hopefully with the Elissa and Morgan!

lisa said...

I too had a few unflattering pics....I'm always mush skinnier than I think I am.....in my head I do look like a model...hehe

erin said...

LOL! That is why I like to be behind the camera taking the pics!

Kalinda, how do you get the pics to load where you are typing not at the top of the page...it took me nearly 2 hours to get that blog done cus of all the darn pics!!!

Kalinda said...

It is a real bother, I tell you that. I started to type it out here, but it might just be easier to explain it in e-mail or over the phone. I'll try to type it up for you tomorrow.