Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A New Dress Inspiration

365 days. 365 items of clothing. 365 dollars And then she blogs about it.

That is what Marissa has been doing for almost the last year and I have been following her since sometime this summer. New Dress a Day is the blog and Marissa challenged herself to make a new dress every day for a year. She transforms the many muumuus’ and other thrift store/ flea market $1 finds. Most of the time she had her seem ripper out and has to hem and take in her dresses but other times she uses safety pins and packing tape!

Even though she is near the end of her 1 year journey take a look back at all she has done. Read about her inspiration and you may be inspired yourself. If you are like me, there just certain things about the clothes that I have in my closet that are just not quite right. Why not change them? All I need now is sewing machine. Oh Honey, guess what I want for Christmas.

1 comment:

Kalinda said...

Okay, I think I'm gonna get sucked in for a LONG time looking over all of these dresses/new items!! Its a good thing I don't have anything too pressing to get done today....