Friday, April 22, 2011

Cloth Wipes!

I wanted to make some new wipes up for this babe.  I've got some that I made when Alex was born but we still use those on both the boys when they go, so it will be nice to have two sets handy.  Plus, I already had the material, so its not like I actually had to spend money on this project!  (Well, I guess I spent the money sometime last year, but since it was so long ago, it doesn't seem like I spent anything...ya know?)

I've been procrastinating on doing the whole project - mainly because my sewing machine is cheap and the thread gets all boogery quite often.  No fun.  (One of the main reasons I bought a ring sling instead of making my own - I just couldn't handle the stress of constantly re-threading while working on such a big project!)  So, little by little, I've been getting the wipes done.  One night I cut out some of the flannel material.  Tonight, I matched some of those squares up w/ the terry cloth.  I pinned and cut about 10-12 wipes, and got about 6 sewn.  I've still got quite a bit to finish up but I like that I'm able to at least hold some of the finished product. 

All of my project tools and materials.  Big terry cloth laid out on the table, w/ the flannel on the left, measuring/cutting tools, then the cut/pinned wipes waiting to be sewn, with the completed wipes bottom right.
I sewed 3 wrong sides together then flipped it inside out and sewed the 4th side.  They aren't perfect and they aren't too pretty but they'll get the job done!
I'm currently looking up info on putting our wipes in a wipe warmer.  I want to keep these warm for his little tooshie but don't want to burn the wipes, or grow bacteria in them.  From what I've read, it seems pretty simple.

No comments: