Saturday, October 13, 2012

Halloween Wreath

I have seen yarn wreaths on Pinterest and in gift shops for sale. I have been wanting to make one and don't know why I haven't sooner. It was fun and only took me a few hours to complete!

I started with orange, Fallish yarn I bought last year to make pumpkins. I bought a foam ring and some raffia from the craft shop.


I wrapped the foam wreath tightly with the yarn. It took a while to get it all covered and have no white showing. I do have yarn leftover, so depending on the weight of yarn you use, it shouldn't take more than one skein.


I crocheted a few flowers, added buttons, and hot glued them to the wreath with a little raffia behind.


I used extra raffia and black yarn to make a "hanger". It turned out cute and I want to make more for other holidays. It is now proudly displayed on my front door!

No comments: