Wednesday, October 2, 2013

July Bunco Goodies

Hello? (hello...hello....)  Echo? (echo...echo...)

I've been doing quite a lot of crocheting lately.  I'm enjoying it even more than I did in the past!

Right now I'm working on Christmas presents for the boys.  I've also got hat requests from them.  Aren's is done minus one detail.  Ajay's and Alex's aren't started yet.  At least the hats I can work on with their knowledge.  The gifts I have to be sure I keep those hidden!

In July I hosted Bunco and I crocheted up a little something as the prizes.  I had spent a sleepless night dreaming up a way to make little "cozies" for the travel tissue packages.  The next day I decided to look on Ravelry just in case someone else had the same idea.  They did!  It was a lot easier following someone's written pattern than trying to do the math for my own.

Travel Tissue Cozy

This was the first cozy I made from the pattern...

....I didn't really care for the green plus it made the cozy too snug for the packet.  I ripped out the green and liked it better!

This was the second cozy I made.  I made these up at my parents house around the 4th of July...

....and I gave it to my niece, Jenna, for her birthday.  She's a big KU fan.
 The next 4 were the Bunco prizes.... (along with some hand wash from Bath & Body Works)
Here's one side....

...here's the other side

The pink one from above minus the green, with white embellishments.

I liked this one much better!

This was supposed to be WSU inspired...

...but it looks more like a bumblebee.

This was KU inspired.


No comments: