Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Headbands!!

Last Spring I received a headband from a crochet swap I participated in.  I wasn't able to wear it at the time because it was starting to warm up.  When Fall came around I was ready to give it a whirl!  I loved it!
I found a pattern for it and started making some for a few friends.  Then I decided to make some for Christmas.  I love this pattern, it is so quick and easy and there are so many different options for it.
This was the first one I did.  From this I learned it is better to do a round of edging in the main color before edging in the contrasting color.  This way, I can avoid the jagged edges that you can see in this one.  I hope the recipient doesn't mind the rough look too much!

Go WSU!

A softer look in gray and pink.

I made up extra flowers and attached hair elastics to the back.  These extra flowers were for daughters so their ponytails could match their mom's headbands. 

I wasn't sure the cream would go well with the red but I love how it turned out!  The red, cream and black are to match a uniform for this recipient.

The lighting is off even though I took this pic outside in hopes of good lighting.  Cream and aqua with a brown button.

A mom from school asked that I make up a headband and hat for her pre-k daughter.

Here are the two together.  I'm afraid the hat is going to be too big.  It seemed to fit Alex okay, though, so I'm crossing fingers.

I like the color combo of this - the cream, green and brown button.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!!!!  (Red yarn never photographs well for me!)

I wanted to keep this one for myself, along with the "neck cozy" that I made to go with it.  I'm hoping the recipient takes a pic of the neck cozy because I didn't get one on my camera.

I tried a different "flower" for this one.  I like it!

Going for the KState look with this one (and the above one, too).

Here are the two K-State headbands together.  They are for the boys' teachers.  I sent them e-mails offering a crocheted item and they both happened to pick a headband in K-State colors!  I'm hoping they look different enough that they don't look like "twinsies" at school!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Cute! And love all the colors! :)