Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Crochet Bottle Cozy or Sling

This fun water bottle cozy I borrowed from Morgan. I found my pattern on the Lion Brand Website. I used the basic pattern (Vanna's Choice Can Cozy) to get started then increased the size and made a strap to fit around me. You could definitely use this basic pattern and adjust size or height for a mug, can or for whatever you need a cozy!
I made the denim and multi one for myself this summer out of 100% cotton yarn (like Sugar & Cream) using simple Single Crochets and a G size Hook. Now, I am working on several others as gifts and to sell. I love mine for walks with the dogs, then I have my hands free for their leashes..they are quite the handful! I am going to re-work the pattern and add a pocket to store a phone or doggie bags that I take on walks too. The possibilities are endless!!!
Sorry the pics are very good...I need to take a pic with one on me so you can see how cool it is!!

2 comments:

Kalinda said...

Love it! I found a cute cozy pattern on Ravelry but I haven't convinced myself to make it yet. If you make it up in cotton, I bet it helps absorb some of the condensation!

lisa said...

Cute!!