Saturday, September 25, 2010

Well, frog-it all anyway!

I've been working, very slowly, on this swap project.  I was going to make a set of wrist warmers and use the same pattern to make a scarf.  I thought the blue tube thing I was using needed to be replaced by something else, so I went with a ruler.  It was the perfect size for the pattern, but it was a wooden ruler so kept snagging the yarn.  (I'm also sure I got a minuscule splinter or two, as well.)  I couldn't figure out why I kept procrastinating.  I've had plenty of time to work on it recently, yet I found myself figuring out other things to do.  As I worked on it more tonight, I realized the whole thing was just wrong and would have to be frogged.  I think part of the problem may be the yarn - I thought it would show off the pattern nicely, but as it turns out, it doesn't, really.  (I found Deborah Norville's Serenity Chunky Weight in Puppy Dog at JoAnn's and used my "coupon commotion" coupons to get a few skein's at around $2.20 a skein, I think.)
Also, as you can see, it went all wonky on me, too.  A crooked wrist warmer would never do.


So here is the unfinished wrist warmer using the "broomstick lace" stitch.  After I click "publish post" on here, I'm going to unravel the whole thing, re-wind the yarn onto the yarn-ball then hop onto either Ravelry or Crochet Pattern Central and find a new pattern.  Wish me luck! 
(Side-note - As I was waiting for the picture to upload, I started frogging.  It is not happy about being ripped out!  I guess I caught too many stray strands as I was going along.)

1 comment:

lisa said...

That sucks, KJO. I hope you can find a new pattern. Love the color!